Monday, September 20, 2010

Some Great Fleamarket finds and a finish

I spent Sunday at the Rotary Club Fleamarket.  They hold this event at the local Fairgrounds and there were tons of vendors.  Some stuff great, some stuff junk.  It takes lots of patience to sift through.  My older boys wanted to come along to treasure hunt but became bored very quickly.  Next time I may have to venture out on my own so I can poke around all I want.  Even so, I did find some treasures.

Flower Flogs galore!

 These are old needlebooks, some vintage thread on wooden bobbins, a mother of pearl star of david pin from Israel, a tatting shuttle, and a cut out paper card.


 I also found two irish linen hankies which I thought would be fun to stitch on. Upon closer inspection of the cut out card I found some stitching done on perforated paper.  There is no date on anything but it appears to be really old.


And lastly, I love these nesting mixing bowls.  They come in all different colors and I don't usually find the full set.  This had all 3 bowls, in perfect condition.  A great find for me.  I love the yellow color.  I did get a few stitching minutes in this weekend and was able to finish LHN October Sampler.
I hope everyone had an excellent weekend.  Happy Monday!

20 comments:

Annie said...

A real trip to the old days! I actually have those bowls, bought new a long time ago!

Cute patootie sampler!

Lainey said...

Wow great finds!
Your Autumn Sampler is very pretty.

Lesleyanne said...

Some lovely finds there. I love your LHN October ornie.

Kathy Ellen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Especially love the flower flogs... Good for you...getting in some time just for stitching...very cute autumn piece!

Melanie said...

I love those bowls! My mother had the Crazy Daisy bowl set in green - these remind of them. I still have some of the dinner plates from that set and they must be almost 40 years old now.

Catherine said...

What great finds!! I love that oval flower frog - very cool!

Denise said...

Congrats on your treasure hunt finds! And your pumpkins are cute!

Oh, I suppose I should also say congrats on your recent win! Can't remember which blog but, I know you won!

Smiles - Denise

Myra said...

Great finds Nataly and your October finish looks great. The pumpkin color? - did you use the floss that came in your threadpack? Mine is much lighter than yours and I am going to substitute another floss for it.

valerie said...

Wonderful finds...I love those bowls!

Cute sampler finish!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wow! You acquired some amazing finds. I'm never so fortunate!

carol fun said...

Great finds! Many years ago I owned that same set of bowls -- what was I thinking when I gave them away?? Oh my - everything old is new again - except maybe this middle aged gal! LOL!

I love your October stitching -- a great fall piece. Happy stitching-

Danielle said...

Great finds at the flea market!!! I LOVE the LHN October finish.

Lynn said...

Wow, you got some fantastic finds! I've been looking for a complete set of those bowls for awhile now. Like you I usually only find one or two.
How cool that you found some stitching on that paper!
Great job on your LHN piece. Very cute!

Mary said...

You hit the jackpot Nataly, with your great finds. Hope you enjoy them. I have a set of bowls from my nana and I use them frequently.
October is really cute. Seems as if you had a weekend of fun (and stitching)!

DonnaTN said...

A cute little sampler finish. I love that your new nesting bowls are a great autumn color!

Sally said...

Wow what fantstic finds!!!

Love your LHN finish.

Carol said...

What a great lot of treasures you unearthed, Nataly!! Love those old needlebooks...

Your October LHN finish is darling--think yours is the first I've seen all stitched up :)

Kay said...

What amazing finds you found! I love your LHN finish, I love LHN a lot to begin with!

Anonymous said...

Oh what goodies!! My grandma still has those same bowls in her kitchen. That pattern makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

And what a lovely finish. I just adore autumn themes. :)

Meari said...

What fun stuff!