Monday, December 31, 2012

Out with the old and In with the New

Well, is every one ready to  ring in the New Year!!  I am!!  As I look back upon 2012 I have many fond memories, haunting dissappointments, and have loved and lost.  I look forward to the hope of a new year and I am moving forward with optimism.  As my final post of 2012,  I wanted to share 2 finishes.  One is a new start and one is a long overdue WIP.
 
Diamon Quilt by Handblessings
28ct Forest Mist linen
Recommended over-dyed threads
 

This WIP was long over due.  Do you ever have a project that you set aside because you need to work something out on it??  You set it aside with the intention that you will get to it when ou have more time but that never comes??  Well with this sampler, I tweaked a judaic design that I found in a leaflet and slightly altered the dimensions in order to fit the lettering in.  Then I needed to center the letter-- this is where procrastination set in.  Well,  I finally got to it and finished this Bar Mitzvah sampler for my son.  (note the date 2010)  I used gloriana silks and WDW over-dyed threads.  His torah portion was about the ten commandments and his hebrew name means lion and courage hence the reason I chose this design.  I was very proud of my accomplishment and couldn't wait to show him.  His response:  "That's nice but the date is wrong!!""  What are you kidding me??  Back to the stitching to do some frogging and recalculating.  May be better to finish things in a timely fashion so that you can remember the right date.  Oh well, all in good stitching fun!  I wish all of you a very Happy New Year!!  Happy Stitching!
 

15 comments:

Vickie said...

They are both awesome works. Fantastic! A Blessed, Happy New Year to you.

LisaG said...

Another two lovely finishes for 2012. All the best for 2013.

Margaret said...

Beautiful finishes! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Loraine said...

What great finishes! So funny about getting the date wrong. I have done that too. Doesn't it just make you crazy? I'm impressed your son remembered the date.
Have a wonderful New Years celebration.

Nicola said...

Both finishes are beautiful. Have a wonderful 2013.

Mouse said...

ohhh well done in finally getting the bar mitzvah piece finished even with a wee bit of frogging ... lovely finish as well for your quilt :) hope you have a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

Stitchinowl said...

Great finishes! Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with laughter, happiness, and lots of stitching.
Carolyn

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Nataly.

Happy New Year
Linda

Barb said...

Such lovely stitching! Happy New Year, I love your positive attitude!

Chris said...

Happy New Year Nataly!
What wonderful finishes. I think we all set projects aside like that.

Carol said...

Two very impressive finishes, Nataly! The design for your son's Bar Mitvah looks very detailed and complex--good for you for sticking with it!!

Happy New Year to you and your entire family--wishing you all the best...

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy New Year! Those are great finishes, congratulations!

Astrids dragon said...

Your quilt is just beautiful and I love what you did with the Bar Mitzvah sampler, it looks great!

Teresa said...

I too am hoping for a better 2013. Love the sampler for your son. Don't worry too much about the mistake in the year, I called my son to wish him a happy 25th birthday and he said "mom I am 26". Well I guess it was my way of staying a year younger.
Happy New Year.
Teresa's Hearfelt Stitches

Anonymous said...

Nataly Both finishes are beautiful! The sampler you did for your son looks great! I love the quilt design! Happy New Year!